Guy A. Rasco
Guy Rasco is a trial attorney. He focuses on commercial litigation and business disputes, creditors’ rights, trade secrets and restrictive covenants, real estate litigation, intellectual property litigation, disputes involving the Uniform Commercial Code, securities litigation, international litigation and arbitrations, matters involving allegations of fraud, including the defense of businesses and entities sued by governmental agencies such as the FDA, FTC, SEC, CFTC, and DOL, and white collar criminal issues, including grand jury matters, asset forfeiture, health care, and whistle blower suits. Guy’s clients include multi-national banks and corporations, closely held business entities, and individuals residing in the United States and abroad. Guy practiced for over 13 years with the national firm of Zuckerman Spaeder, LLP and was an equity shareholder with that firm. Guy has published articles and lectured on legal topics. He practices in both federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels in Florida and throughout the country. Guy received his undergraduate degree at Dartmouth College and graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, where he served as an Associate Editor on the Law Review. After law school, Guy served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas E. Scott, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Florida. Guy is active in the local community and a big supporter of the University of Miami, where he serves on its Citizens Board.
- Broad experience in complex civil and criminal litigation, including all manner of business torts.
- Clients include multi-national banks, multi-national corporations, closely held business entities, and individuals residing in the United States and abroad.
- Fine, Rasco & Martinez, LLP, Shareholder, 2001 – 2003
- Zuckerman Spaeder, LLP, Shareholder, 1988 – 2001
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Thomas E. Scott, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1987-1988
- Author, “Recent Rulings on Standing in Civil Forfeiture Cases Create A Tough Hurdle for Claimants,” Florida Defender, Fall 1999
- Co-Author: “Civil Forfeiture & Double Jeopardy: Boon or Bust?” The Champion, July 1995
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation–Real Estate, 2016-2017; and Commercial Litigation, 2018
- Selected as a "2016 Top Rated Litigator" by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Named, "Top Lawyer," Commercial and Business Litigation, South Florida Legal Guide, 2014, 2017
- Listed, "Florida Super Lawyer," Business Litigation, General Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, 2007-2017, every edition
- Listed among "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers," Business Litigation, September 2012
- Listed, “Florida Legal Elite,” Florida Trend magazine, 2006, 2013, 2014
- "Best of the Bar" in areas of commercial litigation and asset forfeiture, as voted on by attorneys and published in South Florida Business Journal
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5*
*AV® Preeminent™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.